An active and busy traveling family in the Belmont neighborhood (37212) is seeking a family assistant to help mom and dad with their growing family of two boys, ages 5 and 3, and newborn baby sister!
Monday - Friday 12 - 6/7 PM and (2-3) Saturday mornings per month (will be 40 hours/week)
Full weekend help on Sat/Sun may be asked occasionally when Dad is traveling
Overnights: Required occasionally
Position start date: ASAP!
Position duration: Long term, ideally someone looking to take on a job for the next 3+ years
More info on work hours: Travel will be required, especially for one month in the summer when the family travels to Colorado. The nanny will have time off there, but will have a fairly regular schedule (35-40 hours/week). Dad travels a lot for work and mom sometimes joins him (she works with him P/T), so some weekends + overnights are needed. When they're home, their social calendar tends to fill up fast, so they need some later evenings here and there too but also use additional sitters.
This busy family needs a helping hand with just about everything! Mom is seeking a dynamic and adaptive team player who can work with her daily to tackle childcare and household tasks such as:
- playtime! Outdoor time is BIG and Dragon Park is a short walk from their home. Creativity in planning activities, games, and coming up with new and inventive things to play with goes a long way with this family.
- maintaining routines (mornings, after school, dinner/bath/bed)
- Help with children's laundry
- Keeping the kitchen tidy and picked up
- Organizing the children's toys and bedrooms
- Prepping family meals 2-3 times per week
- grocery shopping + other errands
The first few months will be a bit different since the family will have just have welcomed a newborn. Overtime, this role will really focus on watching the baby at home while mom takes the boys to school and picks them up, and help keep the house in order. Patience goes a long way when working with a big family, so this is a good role for someone who doesn't easily get overwhelmed and prefers redirection. Engaging and active involvement in every step of the day with the children is highly important. They are hoping to find their Mary Poppins!
- be seeking a career role, the contracts will be yearly, but the family intends to renew for years to come with someone who is dedicated to growing with their family and needs
- be easy going and calm by nature. The boys don't need someone to energize them- they have enough!
- happy to go along with a plan for the week that's set up by the parents
- adaptable to new situations, people, places, and routines
- be comfortable working alongside a parent most days
- be flexible with the schedule, they are offering full time hours for full time flexibility
- be engaged and present while you're at work (don't succumb to technology!!)
- love to cook and make dinners a few nights per week
- be supportive of this family's dynamic
- be CPR Certified
- have a minimum of 1 year working for the same nanny family (3 years of childcare total)
- have a safe car you can use to drive the children (carseats provided)
- have a pitch in mentality, be positive at work and know professional boundaries
- be openminded and accepting of all people
- be discrete and respectful of the family's privacy
Hourly: $17 - $20 gross with room to grow
Yearly annual anticipated income: $35,300 - $41,600 (+)
Guaranteed hours: 35-40/week
PTO: 1 week to start
Paid Holidays Off: 6 Federal Holidays Annually
Health Insurance Stipend: Negotiable