HELPFUL, PATIENT + FUN-LOVING PART TIME FAMILY ASSISTANT FOR BELLE MEADE FAMILY WITH THREE BOYS!
A bustling and on the go family in Belle Meade is excited to hire a part time family assistant for their family of 5! Brothers (6) (4) and (2) are looking for a loving individual who is energetic, has a pitch-in mentality and is a big fan of the outdoors! This is a big time support role since mom or dad may be home sometimes and dividing and conquering with the kids and tasks that need to get done.
Option A: Tuesdays & Thursdays 12:30 – 7:30 PM + one date night a week from 4:30 – 10 PM
Option B: Mondays & Wednesdays 12:30 – 7:30 PM + one date night a week from 4:30 – 10 PM
*Flexibility to shift the date night hours to early am for drop off help occasionally would be ideal! (7:15 – 9:15 or so)
Guaranteed hours: 20/week
Start date: July/August 2022
Duration: Looking for a minimum of 1 year
With Dad’s schedule being a bit unpredictable and taking him on tour for long stints, this mom is looking for a jill of all trades to help her with the kids and making sure the kids are happy, fed, and where they need to be! Duties will range from general childcare, taking the children outside/to the park, preparing kid's meals and family meals, and packing lunches, bathing, bedtime routine, reading books, organizing toys and children's rooms, cleaning up child related messes, children's laundry, cleaning dishes from the children, and keeping them engaged in appropriate developmental activities for their ages. An awareness for safety is huge as is being firm and confident with giving direction and with shaping behavior.
Additionally a good fit for this family would be someone with:
- A love for the outdoors (these are three energetic boys who love to run run run!) They have a yard and really need someone who likes to take the boys outside.
- A comfort in the kitchen with meal prep and cooking simple meals with a recipe provided. Nutrition and health are important to this family and they eat and cook with whole foods.
-Some familiarity with early childhood education/learning, even if it's just feeling confident to sit with their oldest and go over a worksheet or two. Mom is doing that now with no formal teaching background.
- Keeping stock of household items and replenish when needed
- Keeping the house tidy and picking up after the kids and yourself throughout the day.
- Helping with laundry, wiping down counters, loading and unloading the dishwasher, etc.
-Flexibility in the schedule, there are some changes they'll know in advance and others that come up last minute, so rolling with the punches is a must!
This family needs the support of an easy-going, LOVING, flexible and spirited person who can help them thrive with all the different directions they go each week. Having a stable, consistent person who their kids can bond with, have a good time with, and who can help support their family is a big desire for them!
- Safe driving record and vehicle that will fit three car seats, car seats provided.
- current CPR certification
- Previous childcare experience, minimum 3 year childcare experience in total
- Experience or open to additional household tasks (listed above)
- experience with ages 2+ and knowledge of milestones
- A calm, easy going, and patient demeanor
- ability to make a 1 year commitment
- loves to multitask
- Clean driving record and safe vehicle to use for transporting the kids (car seats + mileage reimbursement provided)
- Candidates who are vaccinated against covid-19 are preferred but it is not required
Hourly Rate: $23 - $25/hr gross
PTO, Sick days and holidays: offered