SHY077 - ASAP
CARING + CREATIVE NANNY/FAMILY ASSISTANT FOR BRIGHT LITTLE GIRL IN GREEN HILLS (37215)
A loving and intentional family is seeking a nanny for their bright, active, and incredibly smart 7 year old girl and occasional care for her newborn (1 month old) baby brother in Green Hills.
Covid scale: 1
Hours: Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM
* Hours are subject to shift to later in the day if/when school resumes this fall (i.e. 12 - 8 PM)
Guaranteed hours: 40/week
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year contract, but ideally they would work with you for years to come!
This little gem has a big personality and she loves to engage with her caregiver and responds well to someone who challenges her intellectually, can run around outside with her, listen while she reads to you, engage with her in imaginative play, building homes for her animals + creative play, will challenge her in a game of Uno and plan arts and crafts to do together. She thrives with someone who allows her to make choices and lets the day unfold with her interests in mind. Be ready to have conversations, looks up answers to questions, and learn from this little encyclopedia. There will be an element of either tele-schooling or homework assistance, and this will be very hands on, she likes to be in the mix and have someone around to help walk her through her work, however she is very independent in completing assignments and is very smart. Additionally, all typical nanny tasks will be expected.
This role will require minimal newborn care help, mom and dad have that covered while they balance their work schedules, however, more responsibilities for the baby could come with time.
This position is about 40% Family Assistant responsibilities for now including keeping common areas cleaned up and tidy, helping with household laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, and keeping the children's rooms and areas picked up. There is a lot of time throughout the week where their eldest has down time with reading, screen time, and quiet time, so while she is engaged in independent activities, the family asks that someone can switch gears to help around the house. The parents handle the heavy cleaning, so there is no deep cleaning involved.
As school gets back into session, the family will be requiring more tasks that will involve errand running, grocery shopping, and other tasks outside of the home, but for now everything will be inside their home.
As of now, both parents work from home and have very demanding leadership careers. They need a caring, enthusiastic, and high energy person who is going to take initiative to build a relationship with their daughter, step in and help with tasks around the home, and support this family as they adjust to being a new family of four. A big heart, listening ears, patience, and a love for sparking curiosity in children are all a must.
- 3 or more years in a full time child care or teaching role
- Experience as a nanny previously and knowing the ins and outs of assisting in running someone else's' home
- Current CPR certification
- Flexibility for adjustments in the schedule as needed (with notice) but still guaranteed 40 hours/week
- A strong work ethic and intuitive sense to get things done (hold yourself accountable for daily work tasks)
- A love for kids and wanting to bring out the best in them by building a meaningful relationship
- Skilled in taking the load off of busy working families and pitching in
- A strong set of Uno playing skills
- Be looking for a long term role
- Ability to use your personal vehicle for work purposes, with mileage reimbursement
Hourly: $20-$21 gross/hour with a 90 day review for a raise
Professional Benefits package including PTO, Holidays, + more offered