KK1020 - OCT
COMPASSIONATE + FLEXIBLE NEWBORN NANNY FOR BABY BOY IN EAST NASHVILLE (37216)
This career-driven couple just welcomed their first child and are over the moon in love! They value the component their future nanny can bring to offer balance in pursuing their careers while being able to maximize time together as a family. They are looking for a nanny who loves and advocates for the children in their care, and who recognizes how big a part they will play in shaping who their son becomes. Their son will be 3 months old when a nanny begins. They live in East Nashville but may be moving to the Green Hills area in the next year or so.
Covid scale: 1.5
Monday -Thursday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM + occasional Fridays half day (5 hours)
Guaranteed hours: 40/week
Start date: Week of 10/26/2020
Position anticipated for: Initial 1 year contract. They family would ideally love someone who can grow with their family as they plan to have another child.
This couple considers themselves easy-going and shared they get along with other people very easily. Their ideal fit is someone who is an experienced nanny with infants and is a flexible, on time, safety-conscious and responsible individual. They are looking to partner with their caregiver and work together to provide the best possible upbringing for their son! They would look to their nanny to have knowledge in getting on/keeping up with schedules and routines, knowledge of developmental milestones and know what to work on at each stage (starting at 3 months), planning learning activities as they child grows and read with him, introducing solids (this family is thinking they will do baby-lead weaning), and has the energy for 10 hour days.
Eventually, they see their nanny taking their son on outings and setting up playdates with other children when it's safer/appropriate to do so. They encourage getting out for walks and making use of the whole first floor of their home to spread out and play!
This role will have an element of household assistance with cleaning up the home after yourself and baby, baby's laundry, washing bottles and cleaning up the kitchen after food prep or baby's meals, grocery shopping from time to time.
The position will allow for several weeks of paid time off beyond what the nanny is allotted to take as PTO. The family may ask the nanny to get their home ready for their return from a trip (picking up groceries, etc.) If someone is open to pet sitting during that time that would be preferable, but not a requirement.
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum of 2 years as a full time nanny for infants (ages 3+ months)
- Experience working with children professionally for a minimum of 4 years
- Comfortable around dogs (family has a friendly golden retriever (who would love to join on walks if you're ok with it!)
- Comfortable working in a home with indoor security cameras (in baby's room and in downstairs of home used for overnight security protection)
- Comfortable with a parent who is working in a hospital right now (mom does not see or come in contact with covid patients) and one who works from home (upstairs).
- Must be a Non-smoker
- Must be up to date on Tdap, flu, and open to a covid vaccine if/when available
- Great at communicating and can keep track of daily feedings/naps to share with the parents
Hourly: $18 - $20/hour gross (+ any applicable OT)
Weekly guarantee: $720 - $800 gross/week
PTO: 10 days of nanny's choosing + another 5-7 weeks (potentially) that will match up with when the family is traveling
Sick days: 4 annually
Paid holidays off: 9 Annually